Phaytea’s Pulse is participating in the #AtoZChallenge for 2017. The Theme is ‘Awakening of Self’ and ‘Questions before the Quest’ is our entry for letter Q. The theme focuses on character traits that will gear us towards Meaningful Living and will run for 26 days in April except sundays. Please stop by the blog everyday for subsequent posts as we read the 26 letters of the alphabet together. Enjoy!!☺☺
Have you been following our journey on ‘The Awakening of Self’?
We finally get to letter Q and I am not as worried as when i published the theme reveal post. I previously thought I will not have topic ideas for Q but it turns out I even have two.
I have saved the other topic in my draft for later and will now move on to today’s entry.
If you read Exceeding Limits( Leaving your comfort zone), then you already know that it is wrong to just dive into a new project.
Asides from the five important things we need to do as discussed in Pushing the Envelope, it is also necessary to ask ourselves thought provoking questions before we embark on a quest.
We should also ask ourselves these questions after frantic effort have been put into achieving a desired goal.
Regardless of a successful or unsuccessful outcome, these questions are recommended for self evaluation, self awareness, mindfulness and meaningful living …and not because of self-pity and regret.
If these questions are genuinely answered, it will spur us into action, and give us a direction towards guarding and achieving our goals.
The whole point is to make us think deep and hard about ourselves. The answers will give us an idea of :
- what we really want to do or not do.
- what we need or do not need.
- what we have to restore or discard.
We should be responsible for our actions therefore, these questions should be answered by you alone:
- Do I practise Self-Acceptance?
- Who am I?
- Do I want to change something about myself?
- Do i know my strength and weaknesses?
- Can I criticise myself constructively?
- Am I broad-minded?
- Do I really need to argue?
- Do I communicate clearly?
- Am I patient when others try to communicate?
- Am I decisive?
- Do I always need a second opinion before making decisions?
- Am I willing to leave my comfort zone?
- Do I know my most valuable skill?
- What makes me outstanding?
- Do I forgive easily?
- Do I accept my mistakes when I am wrong?
- Do I know how to guard my goals?
- Do I enjoy or endure my current job?
- Do I have healthy habits?
- What is more important to me. Health or wealth?
- Am I easily influenced?
- Do I influence others?
- Am I content and grateful for what I have?
- Can I manage stress?
- How does this benefit me?
- If I wasn’t already involved in this, will I be interested if asked again?
- Do I love to love and be loved?
- Am I really happy?
- Do I deserve a second chance?
- Do i have enough resources?
- Am I spending too much time on a particular task?
- What takes most of my attention during the day?
- How do I handle rejection?
- Should I be hopeful?
- How is my relationship with God?
Whether we are on a quest to find our purpose, happiness, love, relationship with God, new job, health….. There is question in there for every quest.
If you think i missed out any question please feel free to add yours in the comment section.
Did you try to answer any of these questions while reading?
No? Please do😉
Yes? That’s lovely 😘
If you have nine genuine answers from these questions then you are definitely living a meaningful life.
Share your thoughts….
Sober reflection, deep reflection…
What other questions do you ask yourself before the pursuit of a goal?
I’ll love to read from you.
Love, Peace and Cupcakes