It was such an emotional day.
We laid my maternal grandpa to rest today and it was a roller coaster of emotions.
Tears because he was such a kind heart and will be missed greatly.
Happy because he lived an amazing 107 years on earth. It was more like a celebration of his well spent life than lamenting over a loved one passing on.
A lot of people gathered (over a thousand five hundred) to celebrate his awesomeness and i am totally grateful to God it was a success.
I had taken a quick nap earlier..had to wake up to write this post for Friday. I know the title says 107 Reasons to Celebrate Life but I’ll write 10 reasons now and update this post with 10 new reasons for the next nine days.
Here are reasons why we should celebrate life:
- You are alive. The mere fact that you can breath each day is worth celebrating.
- You have an achievement you are proud of.
- You have that one person that can genuinely make each day count.
- You are loved and you love in return.
- Celebrate good health. I feel like not a lot of people do this.
- Celebrate every new lesson you learn.
- Choose to celebrate happiness. Life is too short to have it anyother way.
- Celebrate the free gifts.
- If you’re a foodie like me, then the happy dance is enough celebration before and after a good meal.
- Celebrate the beauty that is YOU.
As per tradition, music continues all night today (I’ll go join the family in a bit) with a life band and the ceremony ends on Sunday with a thanksgiving in church.
Death is so final but this one leaves me appreciating life more.
Share your thoughts…
What reasons do you have to celebrate life?
I’ll love to read from you
Love, Peace and Cupcakes